The LORD Speaks
38 Then the LORD spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:
2 “Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge?
3 Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.
4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?
“For the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many”
- Mark 10:45
Sunday Worship: 25 October 2015
Theme: The Faith to ask and to follow
Focus Scripture: Job 42: 1-6; 10-17
Other Readings: Mark 1-:46-52
Prayer Points:- Please pray for: George Morrison in Middlemore hospital. Little Cubs Kindy for more children as they vacancies because some children have reached school age and Kindy competition is strong. Our children from youth with exams at the moment. Lorraine and Ian with their safe travels.
Notice of Special Congregational Meeting:- Sunday 01 November 15 immediately after church there will be a special meeting for the election of two further candidates to the Leadership Team. Mavis Haigh and Elizabeth Speer. Any queries please see Alan Vickers from the Executive Team or Peter Hancock from the Nominating Team.
A message from Alison Stanton:- Just at quick note to say that we have been blessed with another granddaughter in Sussex. Leni Rose (10lbs 7 ozs) arrived on 30 September.
The new baby in the household, the joy of seeing our daughters and English grandchildren and immersing myself in the Sussex countryside is refreshing and restorative. Love Alison
Message from Lorraine:- I am half way through my Study Leave and I am on Study leave from 23 September until the end of October.
Should you have any questions or worries while Lorraine is on leave the three “go-to” people are:
Joan Rutherford cell phone 027 537 2308 or 533 8761
and Bob Williamson.
Real Life:- : John Cowan’s guest this Sunday night (18th October) will be adventurer and explorer, Sir Ranulph Fiennes.
Sir Ranulph Fiennes was described by the Guiness Book of Records as "the world's greatest living explorer." He has set many records including being the first to reach both poles, first to cross the Antarctic and Arctic Ocean and first and only to successfully circumnavigate the world along the polar axis. He recently completed the Marathon des Sables, a six day marathon through the Sahara Desert, becoming the oldest Briton to do so.
Leprosy Mission Boxes are due in please return to Joan Jones.
Food Bank:- The foodbank are in short supply of Sugar and flour (Small bags) Milk powder, jelly, tinned fish and tinned fruit. If you could please consider this during your weekly shopping. Thank you very much.
Bible in school starts for the final term of school with about six weeks of teaching before we stop for the year. Out in East Auckland we have had a good year with very few problems and not too much localised trouble from the Secular Education Network.
- We give thanks for
- the churches and people who have remained committed to praying for Bible in School and CEC.
- continued financial assistance that covers our work in the schools.
- our volunteer teachers who faithfully serve each week.
- Please pray with us
- for our teams as they prepare their last few lesson, and especially for good health.
- as our teams prepare to present their Christmas programs in their schools.
- that the children will remember what they have learnt and that they will put the values they have learnt into practise in their daily lives, but most importantly that they will remember that Jesus loves them.
- for the non-Christian teachers of the classes we teach in, that God would speak into their lives too.
- for guidance and wisdom for CEC, the Ministry of Education and the Crown as they prepare for the court case that takes place next year in April.
- for CEC Board and leaders as they meet this week.
- for continued financial assistance.
With thanks and blessings Sharon Burgess