Job 42:1-6 (NIV)
1 Then Job replied to the LORD:
2 “I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
3 You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’ Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know.
4 “You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.’
5 My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you.
6 Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes.”
Sunday Worship: 1 November 2015
Theme: “Love, Love, Love”
Focus Scripture: Mark 12:28-34
Other Readings: Ruth 1:1-18, Psalm 146; Hebrews 9:11-14
Prayer Points:- Please pray for: George Morrison with his continued recovery at home. Little Cubs Kindy for more children as they vacancies because some children have reached school age and Kindy competition is strong. Our children from youth with exams at the moment. Lorraine and Ian with their safe arrivals home.
Notice of Special Congregational Meeting:- Sunday 01 November 15 immediately after church there will be a special meeting for the election of two further candidates to the Leadership Team. Mavis Haigh and Elizabeth Speer. Any queries please see Alan Vickers from the Executive Team or Peter Hancock from the Nominating Team.
A message from Alison Stanton:- Just at quick note to say that we have been blessed with another granddaughter in Sussex. Leni Rose (10lbs 7 ozs) arrived on 30 September.
The new baby in the household, the joy of seeing our daughters and English grandchildren and immersing myself in the Sussex countryside is refreshing and restorative. Love Alison
Message from Lorraine:- I am nearly home I am on my last week of study leave until the end of October.
Should you have any questions or worries while Lorraine is on leave the three “go-to” people are:
Joan Rutherford cell phone 027 537 2308 or 533 8761
and Bob Williamson.
Food Bank:- The foodbank are in short supply of Sugar and flour (Small bags) Milk powder, jelly, tinned fish and tinned fruit. If you could please consider this during your weekly shopping. Thank you very much.
Bible in school starts for the final term of school with about six weeks of teaching before we stop for the year. Out in East Auckland we have had a good year with very few problems and not too much localised trouble from the Secular Education Network.
- We give thanks for
- the churches and people who have remained committed to praying for Bible in School and CEC.
- continued financial assistance that covers our work in the schools.
- our volunteer teachers who faithfully serve each week.
- Please pray with us
- for our teams as they prepare their last few lesson, and especially for good health.
- as our teams prepare to present their Christmas programs in their schools.
- that the children will remember what they have learnt and that they will put the values they have learnt into practise in their daily lives, but most importantly that they will remember that Jesus loves them.
- for the non-Christian teachers of the classes we teach in, that God would speak into their lives too.
- for guidance and wisdom for CEC, the Ministry of Education and the Crown as they prepare for the court case that takes place next year in April.
- for CEC Board and leaders as they meet this week.
- for continued financial assistance.
With thanks and blessings Sharon Burgess